Sunday, November 6, 2011

If the Shoe Fits (part one)

What do we wear on our feet and why do we make the choice. 
 




These shoes look like an optical illusion. They are like of toe shoe with a wedge heel. You might choose these for novelty or sexiness and would wear with an outfit that shows lots of leg. Certainly for a special occasion your probably not going to wear these for everyday.



Earth Solar Vegan
 Set in a vegan microfiber upper, this Earth shoe is foot and animal friendly. This women's shoe has great support for the foot, including anatomic arch support, and Kalso Negative Heel Technology to help you burn more calories. The padded collar and ankle strap with stay-put closure of this Earth shoe ensure reliable day-to-day consistency for both comfort and fit.
This is an everyday wear pick and you would be very comfortable. It also sends the message you are environmentally conscientiousness, practical, possible vegan, and at the risk of stereotyping probably on the left side of politics maybe even a progressive.


This sexy shoe is a Jimmy Choo peek a boo toe. This pretty pair will set you back about $500.00. Jimmy Choo is Malaysian shoe designer designing his first shoe at age 11. You can see more of his work and learn more about him http://chooconnection.jimmychoo.com/ You might wear this everyday but I bet your not standing or walking all day long and it's a tad bit pricey for lots of people.


  CROCS! Wish I had invented these very popular very comfortable treads. Crocs purchased Foam Creations and their manufacturing operations to secure exclusive rights to the proprietary foam resin called Croslite. The foam forms itself to a wearer's feet and offers purported medical benefits, according to a number of podiatrist.  Sadly they are ugly, fashionable colors do not help this ugly shoe. In all fairness Crocs do have some other more attractive in sandals and snow boots. I can't help but wonder are they littering landfills like disposable diapers?  

This slide was designed by Monolo Blahnik a designer made famous by Sarah Jessica Parker and Sex in the City at least to me.  SJP made you think that she trotted all over NYC in heels like these and maybe she did but this is not a walking shoe. This shoe is not a bargain either it $1,100.00 at Neiman Marcus. And choose an outfit that reveals lots of leg as this is a sexy shoe designed by a man and of course he would know.   


This is the Breast Cancer awareness version of a Dansko. We are probably going to see this most on a the foot of a nurse also can be found in white. This style comes in all kinds of colors and textures suede, leather and patent leather. I see them on the feet of  hair dressers, restaurant workers and all kinds of hospitality workers. They have have a non-slip sole designed for people who might walk in a hazardous area like a restaurant or a hospital and are on their feet walking and standing most of the day.

Next we are going to see if any their are any women designing shoes and places to design your own custom pair. 


6 comments:

Frimmy said...

I liked this topic.

Shoes piss me off. I don't know why. Victoria Beckham's shoe choices piss me off.

The way celebs walk around town shopping in jeans and stiletto heels pisses me off.

I think shoes like that are insane.

It also pisses me off that when I have to dress up, I wear heels. But I don't wear them for long.

A-Gran said...

You make a good point about Crocs at the landfill. I will wear mine until they fall apart so I don't add to the pollution. Or should I burn them?

Copacetic Daisy said...

Burning them might release toxins into the air. ? Maybe not.

A-Gran said...

Well damn. That's bad then. Could I bury them with Croc eating worms specially engineered to eat the smelly bastards?

Frimmy said...

Just so you know, and feel appropriately pressured, I am waiting, with excitement, for "If the Shoe Fits (part two)" and hopefully parts three, four, and five as well.

Dirty Disher said...

Never buy vegan shoes. I've had two diff pair and they are stink tastic. I think they're made of baboon shit. Don't tell me it's me. Babooooooon shit. With a hot garbage chaser.