I have created this blog so I can rattle on about what ever I'm focused on at the moment. Topics could range from world peace to bad produce I'm pissed off about. Occasionally I will touch on something you might want to comment on or argue with nothing to serious call it a good lunch date.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Flu Shot Season
It's time for your flu shots just let me remind you. You don't want to feel like this guy. You can get them at the pharmacy, at Walmart, at the doctors office and here they have a one day free clinic. Just happens kids don't have school that day so we are going first thing in the morning and going out for breakfast. What a fun family outing we have done it four years in a row so I guess it's a tradition. Flu shot tradition that's a little weird but a good idea. Last year was the first year the flu shot talked back to me a bit. I was a little tired and achy for a day. It better not happen this year or I will have to contest those reports that the flu shot doesn't make you sick. I'm no expert but I take for granted I didn't really have the flu but something in that shot gave me flu like symptoms for a short time. Can anyone better explain this to me? I didn't think it was live virus in the shot. Do you get a flu shot? So you still get the flu? I like how they say with the flu shot if you should happen to get the flu your symptoms won't be as bad and it won't last as long. How the hell can "they" know that? Last year or the year before I got the flu real late in the season like in May. Someone suggested I got my flu shot to early. Is that possible? Wash, Wash, Wash. Does Germex and Purell really work? Am I wasting money on Clorox wipes? I love them tho. I wish everyone a flu-less season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I got a flu shot a few years ago. I got sick three times that year. I was told that I would have been "much sicker" had I not had the shot. I've always been told that the shot is for the big, bad flu. The killer flu, that sort of thing. I don't know, but after that last one, I haven't had the nerve to do it again. Good luck with it!
See how the hell do they know you would have been sicker. Flu three times? Bullshit shot is what I feel you got.
That's my feeling, too.
I don't get the flu shot. I can't bear the line ups and I don't usually get very sick anyway. Maybe I'm pushing my luck.
The flu shot clinic had very short line and was uneventful. It was the family outing for the day. Mine hurt and so did one of the boys. Dad and the other boy claimed they didn't feel a thing. Might be a big lie. More importantly no symptoms today for anyone.
Post a Comment