Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pick a Book

I finished The Help it made me laugh and cry it's a good book. So to honor Banned Book Week I've decided to read a banned book so what to choose? I read lists and search through Nook Books.
I chose Huckleberry Finn. My copy doesn't look like this one this is what I imagine the banned version looks like. I was able to purchase the THE COLLECTED WORKS OF MARK TWAIN the complete and unabridged Novels for $2.99 over 2000 pages I'm glad it's on my computer that is too big of a book to hold. 
So what Banned Book are you going to read this week or anytime soon? What banned books have you already read? If  your like me you need a list

5 comments:

Dirty Disher said...

I'm reading The Persian Pickle Club. It's pretty good.

Noelle said...

That looks interesting. I downloaded a sample.

Frimmy said...

Not reading a banned book at the moment, but I adore Mark Twain especially when he's hating Jane Austen.

"Jane Austen? Why I go so far as to say that any library is a good library that does not contain a volume by Jane Austen. Even if it contains no other book."


"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone."

Copacetic Daisy said...

I love that comment Frimmy thanks for sharing.

A-Gran said...

I make it a point to try to read every book as soon as it's banned. Sometimes I fail because they're so miserably boring. :(